Thursday, June 13, 2013

Beach Basics!

Lucy here again! Remember when I said people weren't kidding about the heat and humidity here in Charleston? Yeah no, they really weren't kidding. The past two days have been somewhat of a rude awakening for this Kentucky kid. However, the great thing about living in Charleston is when the heat and humidity strike you can find solace in the beach, and I'd be lying if I said I haven't become a frequent beach goer. Here are some of my essentials for the beach:

Obviously a great bikini is essential

A great pair of sun glasses, of course. These Ray Ban Club-Masters have been on my wish list for quite sometime, and with a birthday next week I'm hoping I can cross them off ;)

 A hat to protect your face from the sun. While I usually just wear my favorite baseball cap I'm loving this Panama Hat from JCrew. We also have some AMAZING hats in the store, you should stop by and check them out!
I love a simple cover-up and this white one will go with pretty much any swim suit which I love.

Someone gave me pretty much this exact beach bag when I graduated high school and out of all my high school graduation presents this one has received the most use! We also have some super cute beach bags in store!

 
In my beach bag you'll find a towel, sunscreen ranging from SPF 15 to 50 (you can't ever be too careful)! I always have a book or two- anything from a classic like the Great Gatsby, some sappy romantic novel or a thriller like John Grisham. Oh and I actually finished my most recent beach read Monday so send suggestions my way! I'm always sure to bring water and some snacks with me too!
 
What are your beach essentials?
 
 
-Lucy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment